Aug 17, 2010


When I was a kid we ate at MONTEREY HOUSE often. I don't even think they are around anymore, but I have great memories of the candy they would give you after your meal. This recipe taste just like it to me!! Yummy! (some of my blopps are messy... I was in a hurry because it was getting too stiff! WATCH OUT)

Ingredients:

  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 c. white sugar
  • 2/3 c. canned milk
  • 1/2 c. oleo or butter
  • 2 c. chopped nuts
Directions:
  • Put all ingredients together in a sauce pan.
  • Cook until your candy thermometer hits 240 degrees.
  • Remove from heat
  • Let it cool until your candy thermometer hits 150 degrees (About 15mins)
  • Beat until it's stiff. ... It won't take long
  • Drop on ungreased wax paper by a teaspoon.
  • Allow to cool about 30 mins or until solid

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive