Oct 19, 2011


I have to start off by saying that I do not like stroganoff  actually I despise it because it has sour cream in it, and I am not a fan of sour cream. In my opinion stroganoff is good until you add the sour cream. My husband on the other hand loves it. When I found this recipe online I thought I would give it a shot. 

The original recipe calls for ribs, but I really couldn’t rationalize that in my head plus I had a chuck roast I had gotten on sale I wanted to use it.  The recipe actually turned out really good. It’s a super simple recipe that doesn’t really require much attention. I really enjoyed it even with the sour cream. My husband thought it could use more sour cream, so if you are inclined certainly add more sour cream than the recipe requires.

Ingredients:
  • 5 Tbsp. flour, divided
  • 2 tsp.  smoked paprika, divided
  • 1-1/2 tsp. salt, divided
  • 3 lb.  chuck roast
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 pkg.  (8 oz.) whole mushrooms, halved or 1 can of mushrooms
  • 1 onion, coarsely chopped
  • 3 cloves  garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 cup  beef broth
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup  Sour Cream
  • 1 pkg. (16 oz.) egg noodles

Directions:
  1. Cut chuck roast into 2 inch pieces.
  2. Mix 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. paprika and 1/2 tsp. salt together. Add to the cut up chuck roast; toss to evenly coat.
  3. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add roast pieces; cook 5 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally.
  4. Place roast pieces in slow a cooker; top with remaining paprika, salt, vegetables, garlic, pepper, broth and Worcestershire sauce.
  5. Cover with lid. Cook on HIGH 6 hours (or on LOW 8 to 10 hours).
  6. Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package.
  7. Drain noodles; place in large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; stir.


Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive