Nov 15, 2011



After listening to my husband's friend Paul talk about his wonderful cottage pie recipe I had to give it a try. I listened closely to what he was saying and wrote the recipe down as soon as I got home. I hope I didn’t forget anything, but I can’t imagine that I did. 

This recipe turned out perfect! I don’t know that there would have been anything else I could have done to make any better! It’s hard to top perfection! After all Paul is English so I suppose he would know how to make a rockin’ cottage pie!

This recipe is terribly easy!  You could certainly make this in advance as a freezer meal, or even make the meat and mashed potatoes up ahead of time and have everything ready to throw together as a quick and easy meal.

We all loved this recipe! It definitely takes comfort food to a whole new level!!


Ingredients:
  • 1 Bell Pepper diced
  • 1 Onion diced
  • 1lb. Ground Beef
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic
  • Salt and Pepper to tastes
  • 1 Can Campbell’s Chunky Vegetable Soup (Hearty Soup not the condensed)
  • 1 tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 1 pound of potatoes peeled, diced, boiled, and mashed
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese.

Directions:
  1. Bring a pot of cold water to a boil.
  2. To the boiling water add peeled and diced potatoes boil until the potatoes are fully cooked, drain, and mash.
  3. Add salt, pepper, and sour cream if desired to the mashed potatoes. (I did to make the potatoes creamy)
  4. In a skillet add ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, cook until meat is browned then drain off excess grease.
  5. To the ground beef add Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and pepper, and mix together well.
  6. To a baking dish ( I used 2 ½ quart baking dish)  add the ground beef mixture, top the ground beef mixture with Campbell’s chunky Vegetable Soup be sure to spread out evenly
  7. Over the vegetable soup add mashed potatoes, and spread out evenly.
  8. Top the cottage pie with shredded cheddar cheese.
  9. Bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes until the cottage pie is bubbling.
  10. Allow to set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive