Dec 20, 2011


I have heard over and over just how great buttermilk is! “OH NICOLE you have to try buttermilk pie.” Finally I made a buttermilk pie and I must say it was pretty good. I will admit I do NOT like anything eggy! For instance I do not like frittata, omelets, bread pudding or eggs in general. To me this was on the border line of almost too eggy! Don’t get me wrong I loved it! The flavor was incredible. It comes together quick and easy and served warm its heaven. Severed hot it’s lethal. Let it cool!!  This is a keeper!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine , melted
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • eggs , beaten
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 deep dish pie shell (I used Pillsbury)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light.
  3. Add the eggs and beat; then beat in vanilla.
  4. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternatively with the buttermilk; beat until smooth.
  5. Pour into a deep dish pie shell and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for 50-60 additional minutes.
  6. Pie should turn a nice golden brown and a knife inserted should come out clean.
  7. I think it is absolutely best when it is just still warm. 
Original Recipe Source

Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive