Jun 12, 2011



Kevin and I were in the mood for a light meal after a very hot day last week. I racked my brain for something I thought we would both like and was light and healthy at the same time. I decided to recreate a salad I recently had when we were out for lunch one day. I could have just gone and bought one, but I didn’t want to leave the house to do so. I made a few changes to the cheese and salad dressing to bring the calorie count down, and the salad turned out great! We both really enjoyed it.


Serving: 1
Calories: 259
Carbs: 19
Fat: 8
Protein: 13

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
  • ¼ cup fresh blueberries
  • 2 oz. canned chicken 98% fat free
  • 2 cups organic greens
  • 2Tbs wish bone light raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing
  • ½ oz. mozzarella part skim milk cheese
  • 1Tbs natural raw sliced almonds
Directions:

  1. Place your greens on a plate then layer on top, chicken, cheese, fruit, sliced almonds, then your dressing. 
  2. I personally like to put everything in a large bowl and mix everything up. This helps to spread the dressing throughout the salad. 
  3. Originally I didn’t think this would be enough dressing, but after a good tossing it was perfect! 
Calories Calculated on www.myfitnesspal.com


Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive