Jul 6, 2012


I have been on a quest to make a dessert that I can freeze for dessert emergencies that are decedent, but are as low in calories as I can possibly get them. The requirement was it had to have cream cheese or Neufchatel in it because right now cream cheese and Neufchatel bricks are in sale at my grocery store for .50 each. That’s such a sweet deal that I celebrated by making mini personal sized cheesecakes.

Like I said before I wanted to get the calorie count down as low as possible because I am watching my calories like a hawk watches mice. Instead of using cream cheese I chose to use Neufchatel because that would automatically cut the calories down by 720 calories right off the top. That’s a huge savings!

I took a recipe for cheesecake that I already loved and then turned it into mini cheesecakes that would allow me to better control the calories. By controlling the calories, and the size, I can better control me!


Ingredients:
  • 3 Packages of Neufchatel, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 (8 ounce) container of dairy sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup Toll House cocoa powder
  • 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 28 Oreo cookies halves (14 cookies total) (removing the cream center)
  • 28 cupcake tins/liners
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
  2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
  3. Add sour cream and vanilla and beat until blended
  4. Beat in cocoa and flour
  5. Add eggs, one at a time, but beat just until well blended
  6. Remove Oreo filling with a butter knife and add one half of an Oreo to each cupcake tin you should have a total of 28 cupcake tins.
  7. Fill each tin with one large spoon full of cheesecake filling until you have filled all 28 then go back and top off each tin with any extra filling.
  8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 3000 degrees be sure to watch them carefully.
  9. Remove from oven to wire rack
  10. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours
  11. Store covered in refrigerator or in the freezer. They freeze nicely

Number of Servings: 28
Nutritional Information:
  • 134 calories per serving
  • 12 carbs 
  • 7 grams of fat 
  • 3 protein
  • 11 sugar
*Nutritional information found on www.myfitnesspal.com this information will vary based on the products you use.*

Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive