Jan 14, 2014




My original intention was to provide you with the original recipe I started with. Then I realized my recipe is nothing like the original recipe. I think it would be an insult to the original recipe to say that this one is a copy because it’s really not even close.

I took the creative liberty to change it to my own recipe, but also I had some making up to do for the big mistake I made. Instead of buying the big bag of dry stuffing I bought Stovetop stuffing. I don’t even know what I was thinking but I didn’t regret the decision in the end! No way!

This actually worked to my advantage because it turned out fantastic. Actually better than I could have expected and better than any normal version of Stovetop. Stovetop (at least when I make it) always turns out sticky and in a clump and no it doesn’t matter how long I fluff it with a fork. This however turned out awesome and delicious and super moist. It wasn’t clumpy and was actually perfect. What was even better is it had to been left sitting for a bit than it probably should have because I made it too soon, but it turned out perfect! As you can see from the picture above it's not sticky or clumpy but beautiful! 

My favorite part was the mass amount of veggies. I think they really made this recipe special and pop out. Honestly I can't imagine making stuffing any other way.

So what's the twist? This stuffing tastes just like my Nana's bread dressing, which is what I would consider to be old-fashioned, but the twist is you are making the recipe in a fraction of the amount of time and not having to bake anything. Sweet!

I can’t wait to make this again. We don’t have to worry about holidays I will be making a half recipe to serve with diner.

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces (two boxes) Stove Top Stuffing or Similar
  • 2 cups diced celery
  • 2 cups chopped onions
  • 1 tablespoon dry sage
  • 1 tablespoon dry thyme
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 8 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
Directions:
  1. Combine celery and onion and 8 tablespoons of butter. Saute vegetables until they are tender.
  2. To the tender vegetables and butter add spices and then next incorporate stuffing
  3. Mix well
  4. Cook until stuffing is well combined and tender.
Original Recipe Source

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive