Apr 22, 2014




This recipe is actually a mistake. I started off making two different recipes and finished with a bang. When I realized I had added taco seasoning to my hummus recipe instead of paprika I thought I was in big trouble. This is what happens when you are making too many recipes at one time.


Mini Cups are great for dipping and prevents double dipping!
I ran to my laptop hoping to save the day. I actually found a Betty Crocker Recipe that was similar so I added a little more taco seasoning as recommended and came out with a real gem!

This recipe is so easy and although it’s not really like Betty’s because it has tahini in it I am still giving Betty Crocker the nod here! Easy, delicious and great for dipping!!



Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1-1/4 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
  • 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas (undrained)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • ¼ cup tahini
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
Directions:
  1. Drain chick peas, but reserving the liquid. 
  2. To a blender or food processor add chick peas, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and taco seasoning mix. Cover; blend until smooth. 
  3. Add reserved chick pea liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. 
  4. Taste the hummus for flavor if you desire add more taco seasoning (Note that the flavor will progress as the hummus sits so do not over-load on the seasoning).
  5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more for flavor.
Original Recipe Source

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive