Apr 29, 2014



This recipe is very much "Like" Frito Lay Bean Dip if I didn’t know better I would swear it was the exact recipe. The only difference I see is that this dip is smoother whereas the Lay’s dip is much thicker and harder to dip.

I love this recipe! It’s simply fantastic. I decided I would take my dip to the true bean dip critic … my Mom! Her favorite bean dip is Frito Lay Bean Dip she would tell you there is nothing better… until she tried this one. She loved it! She was so excited at even the idea of making this herself and might I add for just a fraction of the price and guess what! You know what’s in this dip and you get A LOT more than you do in a small can!!

The second biggest selling point for me on this dip (besides it’s awesome) is the fact that this recipe cost me less than $1 yes less than a dollar! I bought store brand refried beans then added the few extra things.

Dirty cheap, easy, and fantastic! I am sold and so was the queen of bean dip my Mom!


Ingredients:
  • 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
  • 5 slices bottled jalapenos (nacho slices)
  • 1 tablespoon brine, from bottled jalapeno slices
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:
  1. Combine refried beans with the other ingredients in a food processor. (I threw everything into a Kitcheaid bowl and let the mixer do all the work.)
  2. Puree ingredients on high speed until smooth.
  3. Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
Original Recipe Source

Number of Servings: 8 (1/4 cup per serving)
Nutritional Information:
  • 52 calories per serving
  • 9 carbs 
  • 1 grams of fat 
  • 3 protein
  • 1 sugar
*Nutritional information found on www.myfitnesspal.com this information will vary based on the products you use.*

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive