May 20, 2010

I really love this recipe. I hate having left over rice because it's such a waste, and I always make too much. I normally freeze it and find something else to do with it. Normally I use it to speed up cooking time by just pulling it out of the freezer instead of making more. In the last Woman’s Day magazine I got in the mail, they had an article with this recipe in it. It sounded so good I had to try it. It has a very delicate flavor. The spinach is very mild for all of you spinach haters (yep that includes me) and the parmesan cheese is not as overwhelming as I figured it would be. I am going to find a nice parmesan-mozzarella cheese dip to go with this recipe next time. I think it would add a nice touch.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1 cup thawed frozen cut-leaf spinach
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 cup rice (3 cups cooked)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheet with nonstick foil. Heat 2 tsp oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup thawed frozen cut-leaf spinach, 1/2 small onion, diced, and 1/2 tsp minced garlic; cook 2 minutes until spinach is tender. 
  2. Stir into spinach mixture 1 cup cooked rice, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1 large egg and 1/8 tsp pepper.
  3. Drop rounded Tbsps onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until firm. Serve with marinara. Makes about 10.

 

Bookmark and Share

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive