Sep 27, 2012




I originally found a similar version of this recipe when I visited The Country Cook. My husband is from the mid-west and Tatar Tot hot dish is a staple there.  I was looking for a recipe that would be comfort food for him. I decided to look through my Mother-in-laws recipe box to see what I could find when I came across this recipe that is very close to The Country Cook’s recipe.

This recipe is fantastic!!  We all flipped out for this one. There are so many great reasons to make this recipe. It’s super simple! Toss it in the slow cooker and it’s done! It’s inexpensive! It’s delicious!! I can’t brag enough about it. I love exploring my Mother-in-laws recipes! I hope you all enjoy this one!

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag frozen tater tots
  • ½ cup bacon bits (I used Hormel but fresh would be even better)
  • 1 ½  cups shredded colby jack cheese
  • 1 pound (bite sizes) boneless chicken breasts  (You could even use a large can of chicken drained)
  • 1 cup evaporated milk (you could use regular milk also)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. pepper

Directions:
  1. Line your slow cook with a slow cooker liner or spray your slow cooking with cooking spray
  2. To the slow cooker add ½ of the bag of frozen tater tots
  3. On top of the tots add ¼ cup of bacon bits and ¾ cup of cheese.
  4. To the top of the cheese and bacon add bite size chicken pieces.
  5. On top of the chicken add remaining ¼ cup of bacon bits and ¾ cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
  6. To the top of the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper add remaining tater tots.
  7. Top the tater tots with 1 cup of evaporated milk
  8. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is done. 


Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive