Oct 18, 2012




Since school started up again I haven’t had as much time to use my Silhouette SD Digital Cutter as I would like to. I have finally figured out how to budget time for myself so now my Silhouette is up and running again.


My Silhouette machine is old compared to the wonderful new one’s Silhouette now has to offer, but for now while I am saving my pennies for a new one I am using my SD for all the fun crafts I have planned for the holidays.

I love Halloween as most of you found out yesterday if you saw this week’s Wordless Wednesday. I decided last night that during my free time I would make a Halloween Luminary.

I must admit it turned out precious! I honestly screamed with it was done and all lit up. Even my husband was proud lol. Too bad it wasn’t my idea, but just a template from Silhouette.

So how do you make this precious little luminary? It's simple!

First you have to purchase the luminary from the Silhouette online store for .99 cents,(Psst. right now they are on sale!! .75 cents each wahoo!!) then download it to your Silhouette software, and in just a matter of minutes you are ready to go!


Once your template is ready to go load your paper (orange or black) on to your cutting mat and begin cutting.

I actually made two luminaries one with a black front and one with an orange front. The reason I did this was so that I wasn’t wasting any paper since you need two colors. It actually worked out perfect!


Once your luminaries are cut, simply remove the pieces from the cutting mat and with some basic school glue begin to glue your front piece to your back pieces or vice versa whichever way you want to look at it.


Once your pieces are glued together and dry you have a super cute Halloween luminary that takes less than 30 minutes to make! It would even look cute as a fold out standing decoration. 


I used a battery operated candle for my luminary because I didn't think a paper luminary and a burning candle would be my best option :0) I have cats and they love candles! The battery operated candle actually worked out great as you can see at the bottom.


Who needs store bought decorations when you can make your own? I love how this turned out. It's cute, and simple and was fun to make! I hope you all give it a try! I have no doubt you will love it as much as I did! Send us your link to all of your Silhouette Projects we would love to see what you are making!




Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive