Apr 10, 2013




I have been trying to find recipes for steamed vegetables that will give the veggies extra flavor without me feeling the need to add butter. I love the flavor of buttered veggies but at 100 calories a tablespoon butter is not on the menu.

I found a recipe for spicy steamed broccoli by Martha Stewart that sounded good. Although I didn’t use her recipe I took the concept of her’s and made it my own. This recipe actually turned out incredible. The flavor was awesome and delicious. I am going to try other vegetables in this same style. It’s a great way to add a new flavor without the added butter calories. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound broccoli florets
  • ½ tbsp. garlic powder
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups water
Directions:
  1. Peel and slice thick stems from broccoli; separate florets.
  2. In a skillet, bring water beef cubes, and garlic powder to a simmer over medium-low heat. 
  3. Add stems and florets; cook, covered, until bright green 10-15 minutes then test for tenderness.
Adapted from Original Recipe Source

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive