Mar 18, 2014




This recipe is fantastic I mean really fantastic! I had it ready in just minutes! While the ground beef was browning I was mixing up the sauce and while the entire thing was cooking together I was heating up the rice. I made the brown rice the day before to save on time meaning dinner came together fast! I combine this dish with a large bowl of Asian Ramen for a wonderful and filling dinner.

There are so many things to love about this recipe but the speed and cost are high on my list of reasons to love it.  The flavor is wonderful too! Simply wonderful!


The only thing negative I can say about this recipe is that it just doesn’t go far enough. For our family it fell a little short I might made another half recipe next time. Also, I might even use cabbage in place of rice to lower the calories. Now that sounds delicious! 


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1-1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
  • ¼+ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1-1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 4 small cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground beef (90/10 or better)
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Cooked rice, for serving
Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. 
  3. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. 
  4. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. 
  5. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Original Recipe Source

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive