Jul 10, 2014



I love hummus so it’s hard pressed for me to find one that I don’t like but I must admit this take the top for me. I love the roasted garlic! Boy do I love it. Although I only put two pods of garlic in this hummus which made it awesome I think next time I will add even more. Because the garlic is roasted the flavor is mild and sweet.

This recipe is 2 Points if you are following Weight Watchers and if you are not that means you are lucky and can have as much as you like!!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups canned chick-peas
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 2 large head of garlic
  • 1 lemon, juice of
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F Cut off the very top of the garlic clove so that the tops of most of the cloves are exposed slightly. Coat with a little olive oil and wrap securely in tin foil. Roast garlic in oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
  2. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of each pod and put into a food processor. 
  3. Rinse and drain chickpeas then add them, and all other ingredients, to the food processor and blend until completely smooth. 
  4. Add more water as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
Original Recipe Source

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive