Nov 20, 2014




This recipe is really great! I didn’t have a lot of expectations because I have never had sausage dressing. I thought it was great. I didn’t think anyone one else in my house would like it but everyone gobbled it down. The next time I make this I am going to use hot sausage instead of mild I think the hot would be amazing.

It’s a very hearty recipe. I didn’t really follow the original recipe and this is actually a half recipe. It’s really good and easy. I would make it again that’s for sure!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) packages Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
  • 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 3/4 cup diced onions
  • 3/4 cup diced celery
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread cubes
  • 1 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  2. In a large saucepan or stockpot, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. 
  3. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic; cook 10-12 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring frequently. 
  4. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and stir well. 
  5. Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole.
  6. Bake covered for 60 minutes.
Adapted from Original Recipe Source


Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive