Aug 30, 2012




I have so much trouble finding low calorie on the go food to eat in the morning. I thought I was doing OK the other morning when I stopped for a breakfast sandwich and that night realized that the breakfast sandwich I had chosen was over 400 calories. OMG! I was so upset.

I set out to make sure we were not going to be eating breakfast that was too high in calories his semester. We have to eat, but it was going to be as low of calories as possible but filling at the same time. 

I came up with the idea to make my own breakfast sandwich on a bagel-thin but I wanted my egg to fit just right on the bagel. I didn't want to have to cut it down or have it a lumpy mess because most of the time I will be eating on my way to school. I don't want it falling all over the place or getting on my clothes. I found this cute little pan at Wal-Mart for under $5 that makes fried egg the perfect size. The only problem I found with this pan is although it looks non-stick it's not! You have to spray it with oil.



I put a lot of thought into what we could have and I came up with the Ham-let. A sort-of ham omelet just using lower calorie ingredients. It’s quick and easy to make the night before you need it and it tastes great the next day and it's fewer than 200 calories! Oh yea!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Bagel thin- 110 calories
  • 3 egg whites (3 tbsp.) -25 calories
  • 1 tbsp. Hormel bacon bits -25 calories
  • 2 slices of Land O’ Frost Black Forest Ham -30 calories
Total = 190 calorie breakfast sandwich

Directions:

  1. Mix together egg whites and bacon bits add salt and pepper if you would like. 
  2. Spray (if necessary) pan with cooking oil (make sure it’s zero calories) cook egg and bacon. 
  3. Top bagel thin with ham, bacon and egg whites.  Allow to cool then add to a zip bag and refrigerate. Reheat in the microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on your microwave.
  4. Wa-lah! Breakfast is served! 
Add an 80 calorie light and fit Yogurt for a total of 270 for breakfast which is less than most fast food breakfast sandwiches or frozen breakfast sandwiches for more food and a lot less cost. The average price of a pre-made sandwich is $1 this was half that price if not less! 

Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive