May 10, 2013




I have been wanting to try a butter cake recipe for a while now. Tonight in celebration of our finals being over I made a chocolate butter cake. OK So it’s not the real deal because the real deal calls for a yellow cake and I didn’t have one on hand nor did I have any desire to head out and get one. The weather is nasty anyway … no thank you!

I did have a chocolate fudge boxed cake mix so I decided to try it instead of a yellow cake. I mean …. Hello! … It’s chocolate …how could it be anything but fantastic?

This is a very easy recipe to make. If you are having guests over and you need something quick and easy this recipe should hit the spot. You don’t need to have a lot of ingredients on hand nor does it take a ton of time to make. It makes a great presentation and tastes fantastic. What more can you ask for?

I read many places online that people have mixed feelings on this recipe because it's very sweet. If you don't like anything super sweet then this recipe is NOT for you. We all loved it but I have to admit one pieces is my limit because it's so sweet. It may not be as sweet if you use yellow cake in place of chocolate. 


Bottom
  • 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (15 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup margarine (4 ounces)
  • 1 egg
Topping
  • 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Directions:
Bottom:
  1. Melt margarine in 9X13 inch pan
  2. Beat egg into margarine and then sprinkle in cake mix
  3. Mix well with fork and press down in pan until evenly spread.
Topping:
  1. Beat the frosting ingredients well and pour onto cake mixture.
  2. Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes.

Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive