Jan 7, 2014




When I was a kid I hated beans I mean HATED them! There was nothing you could do to convince me to eat them. Now I love them. I can eat them right out of a can if I am given a chance. I probably have a protein deficiency or something.

I normally don’t buy canned beans. I prefer to buy them in a bag and make them myself. I like to do this for so many reasons for instance: I am trying to avoid BPA’s in canned good,  it’s a lot less expensive to make them yourself (3 to 1), and because I get to choose what goes in them. Normally I toss a bag of beans in water, let them set all night, then toss them in the crock pot and let them cook for the day. After that I bag them and freeze them. We always have beans in the freezer. I can buy a bag for $1 and it will make 3 cans worth of beans! Not bad for .33/can.

This is a quick and easy way to make refried beans and better yet they are inexpensive and full of flavor and a lot of protein.  I love the chunky beans in it too. They add a nice texture and fill you up! You can’t beat quick and easy but the icing on the cake is the great flavor!


Ingredients:
  • ½ can refried beans
  • 1 can pinto beans (drain and wash)
  • ½ cup water
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tbsp. bacon bits
  • 1 tsp. ground chicken bouillon granules
Directions:
  1. In a skillet add butter and allow to melt
  2. To the melted butter add bacon bits and allow to heat up until the bacon begins to pop
  3. Next add refried beans and water. Mix together well
  4. Add bouillon
  5. Once the beans begin to bubble add your drained and washed pinto beans
  6. Gently fold in the pinto bean
  7. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated or until you have a consistency you like
  8. Add salt as needed but try the beans before you add salt because of the bouillon and the bacon
Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive