Jul 16, 2010

I am not the biggest fan of Cracker Barrel. Why you might ask? I just don't think that it's anything special. For the most part everything they make I can make myself, as well, if not better. Therefore, it’s just not a place I frequent anymore. When you live in a city the size I do, with the amount of restaurants we have, Cracker Barrel isn’t high on the list. We have one restaurant for every six people. My exception to my Cracker Barrel rule is their hash brown casserole recipe. To me it’s the very best. This is a copycat recipe, but to me it’s just as good! I would recommend cooking it until it’s golden brown. Not only does it add flavor, but it also gives it a little crispiness.

SERVES 8


Ingredients
  • 1 (2 lb) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped fine
  • Season-All salt
  • 1/2 cup melted margarine
  • 1 1/2-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions

  1. Spray a 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
  2. In a bowl, combine soup, cheese, butter, onion, season salt, and pepper. (I mixed everything in my Kitchen-Aid Mixer... this made it super simple)
  3. Gently fold the potatoes into the mixture and pour into prepared pan.
  4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, until heated through and top is browned.

Bookmark and Share

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive