Jul 20, 2010

To my surprise this was a pretty good recipe. I didn’t have high hopes for it. I was in a hurry, and I tried to hurry it along. My mistake was I used Basmati rice verses using regular white or brown rice. The Basmati got sticky, and turned into glue. That was a mistake on my part, not the recipes. This recipe went well with my Korean Barbeque Fried Chicken recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon canola oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 8 bacon strips, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
  • 8 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 3 cups leftover cooked rice
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
Directions


In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into the pan. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate. Set aside.

In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings. Stir in the rice, bean sprouts, peas, soy sauce and bacon. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into the pan and heat through. Yield: 4 servings. Here is the original recipe


Bookmark and Share

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive