Jul 8, 2010

I was  not sold on this recipe. I loved how easy it was  to put together and it cooked quickly. You really have to watch it even on low to make sure it doesn't burn. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the sauce. It was very bland to me.  The only thing I could taste was the tomato sauce. To me that overwhelmed the recipe. Also I don't think the recipe requires enough cottage cheese. Normally I make my own spaghetti sauce, which is loaded with flavor, but I decided to follow the recipe this time. Maybe it was just me. I am not giving up on the lasagna recipe because it's so simple and doesn't heat up the house, but I think it could use a little tweaking next time. Here is the original recipe>>

Ingredients

  • 1 lb lean ground beef  
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 12 ounces cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or asiago cheese 
  • 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup of wine (red or white)

Directions
  1. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
  2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
  3. Cook long enough to get it warm.
  4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
  5. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
  6. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
  7. With your wine go around the edges of your crock-pot and lightly pour your wine around the lasagna.
  8. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. *Mine was done in 3 hours really watch the time because 5 hours could mean buring dinner. *

 

Bookmark and Share

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive