Sep 28, 2011


Sadly, the wild fires here in Texas continue to burn. Almost every day we hear of another one around us or somewhere within the state. As you can see from the picture above the ground and grass are extremely dry. If I said it wasn’t scary I would be lying. It got a little too close for comfort a few weeks ago. 



A few weeks ago George Bush Park, which is approximately 2.5 miles from our home, was on fire. I didn’t even realize it was on fire until one of my friends posted on Facebook that it was burning. Imagine my surprise when I looked out the dining room window! 


The Houston Fire Department responded quickly and they were able to put it out before too much of the park was charred and before any homes were put in danger. We are all very grateful!  There is hope! We should be getting a little rain this week, but it’s going to take a 100 year flood for us to be caught up and out of the danger zone. 


Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive