Sep 14, 2010



I was not sure what to expect from this recipe, but my husband said he wanted a recipe from his homeland so I obliged. This recipe was good if you like cabbage, which I do not. He loves cabbage and thought this was fantastic. It was a little too sweet for me so I would suggest adding the sugar a little at a time to make sure you do not get it too sweet for your liking.

If there was nothing else I could say about this recipe I would have to say that I love the color. It’s beautiful and it certainly stands out on your plate. Cabbage loves will love this recipe!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 head red cabbage
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 pinch pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Directions:
  1. Cut and shred cabbage.
  2. Cook in a small amount of boiling water with salt, sugar, cloves and pepper for about 45 minutes.
  3. Don't let it boil dry, but don't add too much water.
  4. During the last 10 minutes of cooking time add the vinegar.
  5. Just before serving add the butter and seasoning.
Print Friendly and PDF
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com

Blue Star Applicances and Ranges

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Blog Archive